DUBLIN, Aug. 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “UAV Ground Control Station – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global UAV Ground Control Station Market to Reach $806.4 Million by 2026
The global market for UAV Ground Control Station estimated at US$637 Million in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$806.4 Million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% over the analysis period.
Hardware, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record 5.1% CAGR and reach US$602.1 Million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Software segment is readjusted to a revised 6.5% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $263.6 Million in 2022, While China is Forecast to Reach $142.8 Million by 2026
The UAV Ground Control Station market in the U.S. is estimated at US$263.6 Million in the year 2022. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$142.8 Million by the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7% over the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4% and 4.5% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.7% CAGR.
GCSs are indispensable part of operation intended to control UAVs used in a diverse spectrum of military and commercial applications. GCS encompasses sophisticated software and hardware components that allow users to remotely control and communicate with the UAVs.
The control is achieved by setting configurations for direct control or autonomous operations of UAVs. Generally deployed near or in operating or battlefield zones, GCSs can be located at different controlled bases. The increasing dependence on UAVs in battlefield operations, weather monitoring, law enforcement, research and several other areas makes GCSs a perfect solution for efficient, flexible control and monitoring of these vehicles.
Operations of GCSs rely heavily on processing units represented by computers powered by high-performance processors or bespoke systems built around embedded computing platforms. These stations use wireless data link subsystems for remotely communicating with unmanned vehicles.
There is a two-way transmission of commands, telemetry data and sensor data like imager, video and measurements between GCSs and unmanned vehicles. A GCS relies on cellular and digital or analog communication that holds an operational range of hundreds of kilometers. The station comes with single or multiple LED-powered anti-glare and high-brightness screens for easy view even in bright daylight.
The user interface of GCSs is intended to display information such as instrument overlays, map screens, flight parameters and camera payload feeds. The station`s wireless data link communicates with control modules on unmanned vehicles for adjusting throttle and rotors. GCSs come with powerful computers for enabling operators of unmanned vehicles to install software for ensuring effective, compliant and safe operation. Moreover, GCSs feature different types of control systems such as joystick for aircraft or payload, mouse, keyboard and throttle controllers.
Susceptibility to Cyber Threats, a Major Challenge
As the use of UAVs becomes more widespread, they are vulnerable to cyber-attacks due to their reliance on virtual cyber networks and embedded computational systems for their operation. Such cyber intrusion can result in information corruption, defective operation of the control loop and denial of service attacks. The lack of adequate cyber security protections exposes critical mission data to the potential risk of cybersecurity attacks.
The increasing use of personal smart devices such as smartphones and tablets for sharing and receiving videos and images remotely from the UAV or the ground control station also introduces security vulnerabilities that allow hackers to gain access to networks and private data.
The efficiency of the communication link between a UAV and the GCS is a key aspect in military applications, delivery services, and search and rescue operations. All the communication between the UAVs and ground station controller typically use the Wi-Fi network, which is vulnerable to security breaches. The use of an unencrypted Wi-Fi to communicate and control UAVs allows any individual to connect and hack.
The two-way link between the ground station and the UAV is vulnerable to GPS spoofing attack. GPS enables a UAV`s navigation, and lack of encryption of the signals allows for a GPS-spoofing attack. In GPS spoofing, fake GPS coordinates are transmitted to the control system and allows the UAV to be hijacked and in complete control of the attacker.
What`s New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to the digital archives
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Leveraging the Fast Evolving Role of UAV in Military & Commercial Applications, the UAV GCS Market Poised to Evade the Harsh Impact of Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- As Enablers of Efficient Control & Monitoring of UAVs, GCSs Set to Widen Addressable Market in the Coming Years
- A Note on Handheld, Portable & Fixed GCSs
- Recent Market Activity
- While the US Remains the Dominant Consumer of UAV GCS, China Emerges as Fastest Growing Regional Market
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for 79 Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 79 Featured)
- Asseco Poland SA
- BAE Systems plc
- Bluebird Aero Systems Ltd.
- Elbit Systems
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- Robosys Automation Ltd.
- Textron Inc.
- Thales Group
- The Boeing Company
- UAV Solutions
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Ever-Hostile Geopolitical Scenario & Relentless Quest for Military Supremacy to Sustain Spending on Military UAVs, Spurring Parallel Opportunities to GCS Market
- Healthy Defense Spending With Especially Expanding Budgets for Drones to Amplify the Need for UAV GCS
- Military Expenditure as a % of GDP in Select Countries
- Rapidly Evolving Role of UAVs in Border Security Programs Bodes Well
- Increase in Global Terrorism & the Ensuing Growing Security Concerns to Drive UAV Deployments
- NATO STANAG 4671 Compliant UAV GCS: The Standard in Military Applications
- Widening Use of UAVs in Commercial Applications Bodes Well for Future Expansion of UAV GCS
- A Review of Commercial UAV Applications
- Disaster Relief & Emergency Response Services
- Weather Forecasting, Environmental Monitoring, and Wildlife Conservation
- Mining, Energy, Manufacturing, and Inventory Management
- Real Estate, Construction Planning, Infrastructure Development, & Urban Planning
- Airlines & Air Travel and Maritime
- Food Services & Retail
- Film Making, Live Entertainment, and Journalism & News Coverage
- Outdoor Industry, and Sports & Fitness
- Surveillance & Security
- Personal Transportation
- Technology Innovations and Fully Automated Versions to Drive Next Wave of Growth in UAV GCS Market
- A Review of Select Recently Unveiled UAV GCSs
- Desert Rotor’s Advanced Portable Ground Control Stations
- UAVOS’ PGCS3 Portable Ground Control Station
- Skynav Gov Scalable Controller from Auterion Government Solutions for Government UAVs
- ALTI’s UAS Ground Control System
- GA-ASI’s Ground Control Station for STANAG-compliant SkyGuardian UAV
- AVIC’s Holographic Ground Control System
- Leidos to Offer UASGCS-V4 Software Upgrade to the US Army
- Susceptibility to Cyber Threats: Major Challenge
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ravjz6
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-uav-ground-control-station-market-report-2022-market-to-reach-806-4-million-by-2026—nato-stanag-4671-compliant-uav-gcs-the-standard-in-military-applications-301600707.html
SOURCE Research and Markets